Social media could very well have been the greatest invention of all time, if we just hadn’t let the power of the platform fall into the hands of a very select few.
If Twitter or Facebook truly belonged to their users, and there was no overt and biased censorship of the sites, they would be tools unlike any other in the history of mankind. The ability to communicate immediately and effortlessly across the entirety of the species. It’s computer-assisted telepathy at worst, and a superpower at its best.
Instead, we let Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey run the show, limiting us to talking about only the things that they want us talking about.
Vice President Mike Pence isn’t going to stand for it.
Vice President Mike Pence told Breitbart News that the Trump administration is “not going to tolerate” social media and big tech companies aiming to silence conservative voices in the 2020 election.
Asked during an exclusive interview on Friday about big tech companies like Twitter, Facebook, Google, and others downplaying conservative voices, Pence said that President Donald Trump has “made it very clear” this type of behavior is unacceptable. Pence’s interview aired on Breitbart News Saturday on SiriusXM 125 the Patriot Channel.
“Well, the president has made it very clear that we are not going to tolerate censorship on the Internet and social media against conservatives,” Pence said. “We’re just not going to tolerate it.”
The Trump administration has long been concerned over the sudden rise of techno-fascism, even going so far as to hold a White House social media summit last year to address the very subject of online conservative censorship.