After a New Year’s Day attack on the US embassy in Baghdad, and the subsequent American response, the terror-sponsoring nation of Iran has effectively declared war, (of some sort), on the United States.
In the immediate aftermath of the embassy siege, US President Donald Trump ordered an airstrike responsible for the assassination of Iran’s premier terrorist General, Qasem Soleimani. The death of this dastardly leader ushered in a new era of threats from the Persian nation, including several insinuations that US facilities overseas could soon be targeted.
Today, that is precisely what happened.
One U.S. service member and two American Department of Defense contractors were killed in a terror attack on a military base in Kenya that houses some U.S. military personnel. The Somali terror group al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for the attack that Kenyan authorities said had been repelled with four militants killed in the fighting.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of our teammates who lost their lives today,” U.S. Army Gen. Stephen Townsend, commander of U.S. Africa Command, said in a statement Sunday afternoon. “As we honor their sacrifice, let’s also harden our resolve. Alongside our African and international partners, we will pursue those responsible for this attack and al-Shabaab who seeks to harm Americans and U.S. interests.”
And while this attack wasn’t carried out explicitly by Iran, their condemnation of the American response to their own attack on the Baghdad embassy has seemingly declared open season on American installations the world over.