W.H.O. and White House Make TERRIFYING Statements Regarding Coronavirus

After weeks of worry regarding the latest outbreak of Coronavirus, both the White House and the World Health Organization are issuing statements on the subject – neither of them cheery.

The rapidly spreading virus has claimed over 200 lives, and has infected thousands more.  From it’s origins in Wuhan, China, the illness has traveled the entire globe, with cases in at least five US cities including San Francisco and Chicago.

Today, the World Health Organization took a stand.

The new coronavirus has been declared a global emergency by the World Health Organization, as the outbreak continues to spread outside China.

“The main reason for this declaration is not what is happening in China but what is happening in other countries,” said WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.

The concern is that it could spread to countries with weaker health systems.

This has prompted the United States to issue their own strict warning.

The State Department on Thursday night raised its China travel advisory to “Level 4: Do Not Travel,” citing the spread of the deadly coronavirus, days after evacuating non-emergency U.S. personnel and their families out of the country amid an uptick in infections.

“Those currently in China should consider departing using commercial means. The Department of State has requested that all non-essential U.S. government personnel defer travel to China in light of the novel coronavirus,” officials said in the advisory.

It was upgraded from a Level 3 issued earlier this week that urged Americans to reconsider travel to Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus that officials have since quarantined, along with at least 17 other cities.

The virus has spread exponentially faster this week than last, with up to 2,000 new cases springing up just today.