As the nation continues to reel from the unprecedented FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago, there is a great deal of speculation as to what exactly the agency was doing during their marathon, 9-hour seizure.
Former President Donald Trump has already insinuated that there may have been some funny business during the execution of the search warrant, and now one of his sons is threatening to release security camera footage of the incident.
Eric Trump, the second son of the former president, said his family is in possession of surveillance tapes of the FBI raid at Donald Trump‘s Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida, and this footage will “absolutely” be released “at the right time.”
“Will you—you still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Will you—are you allowed to share that with the country?” Fox News host Sean Hannity asked Eric Trump on Monday.
Eric then dropped the hammer.
“Absolutely, Sean. At the right time,” Eric Trump replied, adding that all law enforcement officers, including FBI agents, should wear body cameras for transparency reasons.
The news reiterated some earlier speculation.
Eric Trump’s claim confirms what Christina Bobb—one of the former president’s lawyers—already said last week about security cameras being on at the Florida home during most of the FBI search on Monday, August 8.
According to what Bobb told the right-wing media network Real America’s Voice last week, surveillance cameras were off for a short time while the FBI agents talked to Donald Trump’s lawyer team, but that the Trump family had seen “the whole thing”—the FBI raid—from New York through surveillance video.
Donald Trump has demanded that the affidavit used to procure the search warrant be released to the public, and a judge is set to rule on that possibility Thursday.